89. Loop Control of Gel Mechanics. Y. Gu, K. Kawamoto, M. Zhong, M. Chen, M.J.A. Hore, A.M. Jordan, L.T.J. Korley, B.D. Olsen, and J. Johnson. Submitted.
88. Odd-Even Effect of Junction Functionality on the Topology and Elasticity of Polymer Networks. R. Wang, J. J. Johnson and B. D. Olsen. Macromolecules 2017, Article ASAP.
87. Hydrogels that Actuate Selectively in Response to Organophosphates. M. Gkikas, R. K. Avery, C. E. Mills, R. Nagarajan, E. Wilusz, and B.D. Olsen. Advanced Functional Materials 2017, 27, 1602784.
86. Material Properties of the Cyanobacterial Reserve Polymer Multi-L-Arginyl-Poly-L-Aspartate (Cyanophycin). N.A. Khlystov, W.R. Chan, A.M. Kunjapur, W. Shi, K.L.J. Prather, and B.D. Olsen. Polymer 2016, 109, 238–245.
85. Complex Coacervate Core Micelles for the Dispersion and Stabilization of Organophosphate Hydrolase in Organic Solvents. C.E. Mills, A. Obermeyer, X. Dong, E. Kizilay, J. Walker, and B.D. Olsen. Langmuir 2016, 32, 13367–13376.
84. Three-Dimensional Ordered Antibody Arrays Through Self-Assembly of Antibody-Polymer Conjugates. X. Dong, A. Obermeyer, and B.D. Olsen. Angewandte Chemie 2016, 56, 1273-1277.
83. Classical Challenges in the Physical Chemistry of Polymer Networks and the Design of New Materials. R. Wang, M. K. Sing, R. K. Avery, B. S. Souza, M. Kim, and B. D. Olsen. Accounts of Chemical Research 2016, 49, 2786–2795.
82. Relaxation Processes in Supramolecular Metallogels Based on Histidine–Nickel Coordination Bonds. S. Tang and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecules 2016, 49, 9163–9175.
81. An Injectable Shear-Thinning Biomaterial for Endovascular Embolization. R.K. Avery, H. Albadawi, M. Akbari, Y. S. Zhang, M. J. Duggan, D. V. Sahani, B.D. Olsen, A. Khademhosseini, and R. Oklu. Science Translational Medicine 2016, 8, pp. 365ra156. [Cover.]
80. Kinetic Effects on Self‐Assembly and Function of Protein–Polymer Bioconjugates in Thin Films Prepared by Flow Coating. D. Chang, A. Huang, and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2016.
79. Quantifying the impact of molecular defects on polymer network elasticity. M. Zhong, R. Wang, K. Kawamoto, B.D. Olsen, and J.A. Johnson. Science 2016, 353 (6305), 1264-1268. (MIT News Article)
78. Self-Diffusion of Associating Star-Shaped Polymers. S. Tang, A. Habicht, S. Li, S. Seiffert, and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecules 2016, 49, 5599-5608.
77. The Effect of Protein Electrostatic Interactions on Globular Protein–Polymer Block Copolymer Self-Assembly. C.N. Lam, H. Yao, and B.D. Olsen. Biomacromolecules 2016, 17, 2820–2829.
76. Complex Coacervation of Supercharged Proteins With Polyelectrolytes. A.C. Obermeyer, C.E. Mills, X. Dong, and B.D. Olsen. Soft Matter 2016, 12, 3570-3581.
75. Self-Assembly of Differently Shaped Protein-Polymer Conjugates Through Modification of the Bioconjugation Site. A. Huang and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2016, 15, 1268-1274.
74. Self-Assembly of Protein-Zwitterionic Polymer Bioconjugates Into Nanostructured Materials. D. Chang and B.D. Olsen. Polymer Chemistry 2016, 7, 2410-2418.
73. Biosynthesis of poly(glycolate-co-lactate-co-3-hydroxybutyrate) from glucose by metabolically engineered Escherichia coli. Z.-J. Li, K. Qiao, W. Shi, B. Pereira, H. Zhang, B.D. Olsen, and G.
Stephanopoulos. Metabolic Engineering 2016, 35, 1-8.
72. Antiviral Agents from Multivalent Presentation of Sialyl Oligosaccharides on Brush Polymers. S. Tang, W. Puryear, B. Seifried, X. Dong, J. Runstadler, K. Ribbeck, and B.D. Olsen. ACS Macro Letters 2016, 5, 413-418.
71. Effect of ELP Sequence and Fusion Protein Design on Concentrated Solution Self-Assembly. G. Qin, P. Perez, C.E. Mills, and B.D. Olsen. Biomacromolecules 2016, 17, 928-934.
70. Universal Cyclic Topology in Polymer Networks. R. Wang, A. Alexander-Katz, J.A. Johnson,
and B.D. Olsen. Physical Review Letters 2016, 116, 188302
69. Counting Primary Loops in Tetra and Mixed Functionality Click Hydrogels. K. Kawamoto, M. Zhong, R. Wang, B.D. Olsen, and J.A. Johnson. Macromolecules 2016, 48 (24), 8980–8988.
68. Thermoresponsive and Mechanical Properties of Highly Concentrated Aqueous Poly(L-proline) Solutions. M. Gkikas, R.K. Avery, and B.D. Olsen. Biomacromolecules 2016,17 (2), 399–406.
67. Toughening of Thermoresponsive Arrested Networks of Elastin-Like Polypeptides to Engineer Biocompatible Tissue Scaffolds. M.J. Glassman, R.K. Avery, A. Khademhosseini, and B.D. Olsen. Biomacromolecules 2016, 17 (2), 415-426.
66. Arrested Phase Separation of Elastin-Like Polypeptide Solutions Yields Stiff, Thermoresponsive Gels. M.J. Glassman and B.D. Olsen. Biomacromolecules 2015, 16 (12), 3762–3773.
65. The Shape of Protein-Polymer Conjugates in Dilute Solution. C.N. Lam, D. Chang, M. Wang, W.-R. Chen, and B.D. Olsen. J. Poly. Sci. A Polymer Chemistry 2015, 54, 292-302.
64. A Highly Elastic and Rapidly Crosslinkable Elastin-Like Polypeptide-Based Hydrogel for Biomedical Applications. Y.-N. Zhang, R.K. Avery, Q. Vallmajo-Martin, A. Assman, A. Vegh, A. Memic, B.D. Olsen, N. Annabi, and A. Khademhosseini. Advanced Functional Materials 2015, 25, 4814-4826.
63. Crossover Between Activated Reptation and Arm Retraction Mechanisms in Entangled Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. M. Wang, A.E. Likhtman, and B.D. Olsen. Journal of Chemical Physics 2015, 143, 184904.
62. Anomalous Self-Diffusion and Sticky Rouse Dynamics in Associative Protein Hydrogels. S. Tang, M. Wang, and B.D. Olsen. Journal of the American Chemical Society 2015, 137, 3946-3957.
61. Artificially Engineered Protein Hydrogels Adapted From the Nucleoporin Nsp1 for Selective Biomolecular Transport. M. Kim, W.G. Chen, M.J. Glassman, J.-W. Kang, K. Ribbeck, and B.D. Olsen. Advanced Materials 2015, 27, 4207-4212.
60. Scattering from Colloid-Polymer Conjugates with Excluded Volume Effect. X. Li, C.N. Lam, L.E. Sanchez-Diaz, G. Smith, B.D. Olsen, and W. Chen. ACS Macro Letters 2015, 4, 165-170.
59. End Block Design Modulates the Assembly and Mechanics of Thermoresponsive, Dual-Associative Protein Gels. M.J. Glassman and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecules 2015, 48, 1832- 1842.
58. Self-Diffusion and Constraint Release in Isotropic Entangled Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. M. Wang, K. Timachova, and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecules 2015, 48, 3121-3129.
57. Tube Curvature Slows Motion of Rod-Coil Block Copolymers Through Activated Reptation. M. Wang, A.E. Likhtman, and B.D. Olsen. ACS Macro Letters 2015, 4, 242-246.
56. Highly Active Biocatalytic Coatings from Protein-Polymer Diblock Copolymers. A. Huang, G. Qin, and B.D. Olsen. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 2015, 7, 14660-14669.
55. Synthesis and Application of Protein-Containing Block Copolymers. A.C. Obermeyer and B.D. Olsen. ACS Macro Letters 2015, 4, 101-110.
54. Topological Effects on Globular Protein-ELP Fusion Block Copolymer Self-Assembly. G. Qin, M.J. Glassman, C.N. Lam, D. Chang, E. Schiable, A. Hexemer, and B.D. Olsen. Advanced Functional Materials 2015, 25, 729-738.
53. Chain Configurations and Rate-Dependent Rheological Properties in Transient Networks. M.K. Sing, Z.G. Wang, G.H. McKinley, and B.D. Olsen. Soft Matter 2015, 11, 2085-2096.
52. Responsive Block Copolymer Photonics Triggered by Protein-Polyelectrolyte Coacervation. Y. Fan, S. Tang, E.L. Thomas, and B.D. Olsen. ACS Nano 2014, 8, 11467-11473.
51. Kinetics of Magnetic Field-Induced Orientational Ordering in Block Copolymer/Superparamagnetic Nanoparticle Composites. V. Raman, T.A. Hatton, and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecular Rapid Communications 2014, 35, 2005-2011.
50. Controlling Topological Entanglement in engineered Protein Hydrogels with a Variety of Thiol Coupling Chemistries. S. Tang and B.D. Olsen. Frontiers in Chemistry 2014, 2, 23.
49. Effect of Polymer Chemistry on Globular Protein-Polymer Block Copolymer Self-Assembly. D. Chang, C.N. Lam, and B.D. Olsen. Polymer Chemistry 2014, 5, 4884-4895.
48. Protonation-Induced Microphase Separation in Thin Films of a Polyelectrolyte-Hydrophilic Diblock Copolymer. C.R. Stewart-Sloan and B.D. Olsen. ACS Macro Letters 2014, 3, 410-414.
47. Defects, Solvent Quality, and Photonic Response in Lamellar Block Copolymer Gels. Y. Fan, J.J. Walish, S. Tang, B.D. Olsen, and E.L. Thomas. Macromolecules 2014, 47, 1130-1136
46. Coil fraction-dependent phase behaviour of a model globular protein–polymer diblock copolymer. C.S. Thomas and B.D. Olsen. Soft Matter 2014, 10, 3093-3102.
45. Shear-Thinning Nanocomposite Hydrogels for the Treatment of Hemorrhage. A.K. Gaharwar, R.K. Avery, G. McKinley, A. Khademhosseini, and B.D. Olsen. ACS Nano 2014, 8, 9833-9842.
44. Crossover Experiments Applied to Network Formation Reactions: Improved Strategies for Counting Elastically Inactive Molecular Defects in PEG Gels and Hyperbranched Polymers. H. Zhou, E.-M. Schön, M. Wang, M. J. Glassman, J. Liu, M. Zhong, D. D. Díaz, B. D. Olsen, and J. J. Johnson. JACS, 2014, 136, 9464-9470.
43. The Nature of Protein Interactions Governing Globular Protein-Polymer Block Copolymer Self-Assembly. C. N. Lam, M. Kim, C. S. Thomas, D. Chang, G. E. Sanoja, C. U. Okwara, and B. D. Olsen. Biomacromolecules, 2014, 15, 1248-1258.
42. Enhanced activity and stability of organophosphorus hydrolase via interaction with an amphiphilic polymer. M. Kim, M. Gkikas, A. Huang, J. W. Kang, N. Suthiwangcharoen, R. Nagarajan, and B. D. Olsen. Chemical Communications, 2014, 50, 5345-5348.
41. Oxidatively Responsive Chain Extension to Topologically Entangle Artificially Engineered Protein Hydrogels. S. Tang, M. J. Glassman, S. Li, S. Socrate, and B. D. Olsen. Macromolecules, 2014, 47, 791-799.
40. Engineering Materials from Protein. B. D. Olsen. AIChE Journal, 2013, 59, 3558-3568. [Invited perspective article, cover.]
39. Effect of Small Molecule Osmolytes on the Self-Assembly and Functionality of Globular Protein-Polymer Diblock Copolymers. C. S. Thomas, L. Xu, and B. D. Olsen. Biomacromolecules, 2013, 14, 3064-3072.
38. Gellan Gum Microgel-Reinforced Cell-Laden Gelatin Hydrogels. H. Shin, B. D. Olsen, and A. Khademhosseini. Journal of Materials Chemistry B. DOI: 10.1039/C3TB20984A.
37. Magnetic Field Induced Morphological Transitions in Block Copolymer/Superparamagnetic Nanoparticle Composites. V. Raman, R. Sharma, T. A. Hatton, and B. D. Olsen. ACS Macro Letters, 2013, 2, 655-659.
36. Self-Assembly of Globular-Protein-Containing Block Copolymers. B. D. Olsen. Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 2013, 214, 1659-1668. [Invited research highlight.]
35. Physics of Engineered Protein Hydrogels. M. Kim, S. Tang, and B. D. Olsen. Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, 2013, 51, 587 – 601.
34. Structure and Mechanical Response of Protein Hydrogels Reinforced by Block Copolymer Self-Assembly. M. J. Glassman and B. D. Olsen. Soft Matter, 2013, 9, 6814-6823.
33. Site-Specific Conjugation of RAFT Polymers to Proteins via Expressed Protein Ligation. Y. Xia, S. Tang, and B. D. Olsen. Chemical Communications 2013, 49, 2566-2568.
31. Diffusion Mechanisms of Entangled Rod-Coil Diblock Copolymers. M. Wang, K. Timachova, and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecules 2013, 46, 5694-5701.
30. Experimental Measurement of Coil-Rod-Coil Block Copolymer Tracer Diffusion Through Entangled Coil Homopolymers. M. Wang, K. Timachova, and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecules 2013, 46, 1651-1658.
29. Counting Primary Loops in Polymer Gels. H. Zhou, J. Woo, A.M. Cok, M. Wang, B.D. Olsen, and J.A. Johnson. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012, 109, 19119-19124.
28. Long-Range Ordering of Symmetric Block Copolymer Domains by Chaining of Superparamagnetic Nanoparticles in External Magnetic Fields. V. Raman, A. Bose, B.D. Olsen, and T.A. Hatton. Macromolecules 2012, 45, 9373-9382.
27. Reinforcement of Shear Thinning Protein Hydrogels by Responsive Block Copolymer Self-Assembly. M.J. Glassman, J. Chan, and B.D. Olsen. Advanced Functional Materials 2013, 23, 1182-1193. [Cover.]
26. Kinetically Controlled Nanostructure Formation in Self-Assembled Globular Protein-Polymer Diblock Copolymers. C.S. Thomas, L. Xu, and B.D. Olsen. Biomacromolecules 2012, 13, 2781-2792.
25. Nanopatterned Protein Films Directed by Ionic Complexation with Water Soluble Diblock Copolymers. B. Kim, C.N. Lam, and B.D. Olsen. Macromolecules 2012, 45, 4572-4580.
24. Diffusion of Entangled Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. M. Wang, A. Alexander-Katz, and B.D. Olsen. ACS Macro Letters 2012, 1, 676-680.
23. The Mechanical Properties and Cytotoxicity of Cell-Laden Double-Network Hydrogels Based on Photocrosslinkable Gelatin and Gellan Gum Biomacromolecules. S. Hyeongho, B.D. Olsen, and A. Khademhosseini. Biomaterials 2012, 33, 3143-5152.
22. Solid-State Nanostructured Materials from Self-Assembly of a Globular Protein-Polymer Diblock Copolymer. C.S. Thomas, M.J. Glassman, and B.D. Olsen. ACS Nano 2011, 5, 5697-5707.
21. Yielding Behavior in Injectable Hydrogels from Telechelic Proteins. B.D. Olsen, J.A. Kornfield, and D.A. Tirrell. Macromolecules 2010, 43, 9094-9099.
20. Liquid Crystalline Orientation of Rod Blocks Within Lamellar Nanostructures from Rod-Coil Diblock Copolymers. B.D. Olsen, X. Gu, E. Gann, A. Hexemer, and R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2010, 43, 6531-6534.
19. Efficient Synthesis of Narrowly Dispersed Brush Copolymers and Study of Their Assemblies: The Importance of Side Chain Arrangement. Y. Xia, B.D. Olsen, J.A. Kornfield, and R.H. Grubbs. Journal of the American Chemical Society 2009, 131, 18525-18532.
18. Rheological Properties and the Mechanical Signatures of Phase Transitions in Weakly Segregated Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. B.D. Olsen, N.P. Teclemariam, S.J. Muller, and R.A. Segalman. Soft Matter 2009, 5, 2453-2462.
17. Near Surface and Internal Lamellar Structure and Orientation in Thin Films of Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. B.D. Olsen, X. Li, J. Wang, and R.A. Segalman. Soft Matter 2009, 5, 182-192.
16. Universalization of the Phase Diagram for a Model Rod-Coil Diblock Copolymer. B.D. Olsen, M. Shah, V. Ganesan, and R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2008, 41, 6809-6817.
15. Self-Assembly of Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. B.D. Olsen and R.A. Segalman. Materials Science and Engineering R-Reports 2008, 62, 37-66.
14. Square Grains in Asymmetric Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. B.D. Olsen, M.F. Toney, and R.A. Segalman. Langmuir 2008, 24, 1604-1607.
13. Crystalline Structure in Thin Films of DEH-PPV Homopolymer and PPV-b-PI Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. B.D. Olsen, D. Alcazar, V. Krikorian, M.F. Toney, E.L. Thomas, and R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2008, 41, 58-66.
12. Hierarchical Nanostructure Control in Rod-Coil Block Copolymers with Magnetic Fields. Y. Tao, H. Zohar, B.D. Olsen, and R.A. Segalman. Nano Letters 2007, 7, 2742-2746.
11. Nonlamellar Phases in Asymmetric Rod-Coil Block Copolymers at Increased Segregation Strengths. B.D. Olsen and R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2007, 40, 6922-6929.
10. Domain Size Control by Self-Assembly of Rod-Coil Block Copolymers and Homopolymers Blends. Y. Tao, B.D. Olsen, V. Ganesan, and R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2007, 40, 3320-3327.
9. Thin Film Structure of Symmetric Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. B.D. Olsen, X. Li, J. Wang, R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2007, 40, 3287-3295.
8. Phase Transitions in Asymmetric Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. B.D. Olsen and R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2006, 39, 7078-7083.
7. Higher Order Liquid Crystalline Structure in Low-Polydispersity DEH-PPV. B.D. Olsen, S.-Y. Jang, J.M. Lüning, and R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2006, 39, 4469-4479.
6. Polymeric Nanocoatings by Hot-Wire Chemical Vapor Deposition (HWCVD). K.K.S. Lau, Y. Mao, H.G. Pryce Lewis, S.K. Murthy, B.D. Olsen, L.S. Loo, and K.K. Gleason. Thin Solid Films 2006, 501, 211-215.
5. Structure and Thermodynamics of Weakly Segregated Rod-Coil Block Copolymers. B.D. Olsen and R.A. Segalman. Macromolecules 2005, 38, 10127-10137.
4. Peptide Attachment to Vapor Deposited Polymeric Thin Films. S.K. Murthy, B.D. Olsen, and K.K. Gleason. Langmuir 2004, 20, 4774-4776.
3. Effect of Filament Temperature on the Chemical Vapor Deposition of Fluorocarbon-Organosilicon Copolymers. S.K. Murthy, B.D. Olsen, and K.K. Gleason. J. App. Poly. Sci. 2004, 91, 2176-2185.
2. Making Thin Polymeric Materials, Including Fabrics, Microbicidal and Also Water-Repellent. J. Lin, S.K. Murthy, B.D. Olsen, K.K. Gleason, A.M. Klibanov. Biotechnology Letters 2003, 25, 1661-1665.
1. Initiation of Cyclic Vinylmethylsiloxane Polymerization in a Hot-Filament Chemical Vapor Deposition Process. S.K. Murthy, B.D. Olsen, and K.K. Gleason. Langmuir 2002, 18, 6424-6428.